Thursday, October 14, 2010

3 Newsletters = 2 much of a good thing

Once upon a time -- only a couple of months ago, actually -- I was merrily keeping this blog and submitting an entry almost every day.  For anything that came into my head, there was little question where I would share it.  Oh, I could have shared it only on facebook by going directly there but with the RSS feed from my blog to facebook thee was little reason to do that.

Then I was asked to liven up the Alta California Regional Center website and my recommendation for doing that was to use the prime territory on the website for a blog that will be updated weekly.  I won't provide much of the content for that blog but I will be highly involved with the composition and editing of the pieces. Based on the first few entries, I will also be heavily involved with taking and touching up the photos that make or break an entry.

Then just a couple of weeks ago Carolyn and I were asked to edit and publish our ward's newsletter.  Since the previous editor Summer did such a great job, it really isn't possible for us to let this slide or reduce the size or frequency of the newsletter.  She had a 4 or 6 page newsletter (8.5 x 11 inch pages) that was always distributed before the 1st of every month.  She'll be a hard act to follow.

But that's part of my problem -- 3 blogs/newsletters is so much more to write and compose and format than one was. It's just fortunate that one of the new pieces is monthly and the other one weekly.  If they were all daily like I try to make this one, I would have time for nothing but news publishing.

So if you find the frequency of blog entries dropping too much here, take time to relax and perhaps look at the other two blogs in the meantime.

1 comment:

  1. Arnold, I haven't read your blog in quite a while, but something came up this morning that made me look it up today. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy your blog, even when I don't agree with it. I'll be back, and I'm looking forward to your first issue of the LS newsletter.

    ReplyDelete