Saturday, June 04, 2011

It's good to be back home

We just got back home from the hospital.  Carolyn was discharged this morning with the usual warnings to not do much of anything until her wounds heal.  Her first words on looking over our rain-soaked back yard were, "Looks like the sweet peas sure need  picking."  Wanna bet how long it takes for her to convince herself that she needs to take care of the blooming flowers?

I asked Carolyn if she'd like to post an entry this morning. Here she is:

Well, I thought I was quite coherent until I listened to a message I left on the telephone and ......
 I'm pleased to report that I am home and feel fine. It is amazing what a good pain pill can do for you ;o). Actually, I haven't really needed the pain meds for more than a headache.
 Depending on who I listen to I am to lounge around and do nothing  much for two to six weeks. I'm planning on two weeks. It  sounds like it is time to read the books and watch all those movies I've been saving up.
 Thank you each for your good wishes, prayers and kind thoughts. They are very helpful.
 Now I just have to learn how to handle the after surgery drains.
 It is good to be alive.
 Carolyn
 I think she summed it all up very well.

4 comments:

  1. Carolyn,
    It was great to hear from you and know that everything went pretty well! It will be hard for you to "lounge around", but that's what books and videos are for. Call it a vacation, eat good foods (do you like blueberries, eggplant, and raspberries? Avocados?), and spice up your "rest" with the books and imagination that books can feed. Oh my--this sounds like advice for someone who hasn't done this before, and you certainly have. I'm just trying to tell you to have fun and not feel guilty about it!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're home, Carolyn. Lounging around is easier said than done especially by someone like you. That's the hard part, not doing the things you see needs attention. Glad all has gone well for you this far and hope it continues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to be a live and I'm glad you're on the mend. I hope the healing goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that the surgery went well. I know that 'doing nothing' is not your style. You are my hero, Carolyn. Our prayers are with you.
    Love from Judy & Dave (p.s. We don't have an account. Hope this goes through.)

    ReplyDelete