Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Music Collection Progress Report #2

First of all I'd like to thank all of you who wished Carolyn and me well. Our life together is its own most satisfying reward but to have so many friends and relative friends (or should that be friendly relatives) just adds icing to the cake, mozzarella to the pizza, etc.


==========New Topic==============
I'm coming close now to completing the scanning and indexing of all my variety music books. I have not undertaken to add to the database individual books which represent single Broadway plays or my Scribner Classics, for example, which are unlikely to contain songs someone wants to sing (or even hear).

I now have 5,380 entries, of which 1,157 are duplicates. One number shows up 8 times to claim the championship, another shows up 7 times for the runner up prize. And 7 numbers showing up 5 times each to claim a tie for fourth place. Here are the songs and their standings so far:

1st place What the World Needs Now is Love (8)
2nd place Something (7)
3rd place Amazing Grace(6)
4th place tie

America the Beautiful (5)
Autumn Leaves (5)
Hey There Lonely Girl (5)
It's Magic (5)
Lover Come Back (5)
This Guy's in Love with You (5)
Young at Heart (5)

It's been a fun project and has enabled me to learn more about my music, my scanners, and even more about Excel.

No comments:

Post a Comment