Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Hello. My name is ...

I’m convinced that we should all be required to wear legible nametags at any sort of social function. Last night I attended a semi-social occasion that was the annual Holiday party for the board and volunteers of the Friends of the Sacramento Public Library. The pot luck appetizers, desserts, and drinks were there in abundance and the crowd was about as much as the space would allow. I chatted with fellow board members whom, for the most part, I knew and also with volunteers whom, for the most part, I didn’t know. How embarrassing it was then at the end of the evening to find out that the fellow board member I was calling Don all evening was actually Bob.

Of course a name tag wouldn’t have helped when the volunteer to whom I had introduced myself at length reminded me that we had actually worked side-by-side for four hours at a book sale less than 6 months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment