Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The DMV comes through

It seems to be the fashion now to trash talk government employees.  One agency that particularly seems to get more of its share of griping is the DMV.   I beg to differ.  My experiences with the DMV have, in general, been positive.  Recently, this was reconfirmed.

Because my Parkinson's severely affects my balance and walking, I applied for and received in the mail this hanger to be placed on the dashboard or hung from he mirror.  The hanger was to expire on June 30, 2011.  Since that is about 7 weeks away, I was concerned whether the DMV would send a reminder.  Would I need another statement from my doctor?

Then just a couple days ago, a replacement placard with an expiration date of June 30, 2013 arrived.  No notice, not another examination or doctor's statement.  Thanks, DMV



No comments:

Post a Comment