Sunday, October 16, 2011

The iPhone comes to our house

I know it will sound like justification but it really is true.  Carolyn's phone has been acting up on here for the past two to three years.  It was one of the first of its kind but essentially the last smart phone that Palm Pilot made.  She has not been able to connect to our computers for the past 2 years so she has not backed up her contact list and calendar for that long.  Some days the phone will keep it's charge all day long and other days it is dead by the time she gets home.  And because she and I have different make and model of phone we get frustrated trying to use each other's phone.  We had a family plan with Sprint and Sprint wasn't selling or servicing the iPhone.  And finally, we expected our monthly rate to more than double and for that we wanted  a reliable, powerful system.

So when the iPhone 4s was announced and Sprint was going to be on board, we took the last two years savings and bought us a pair.

We pre-ordered by Internet so we could get a black one for me and a white one for Carolyn.  About the same time stores were running out of stock, ours were delivered to our home.


Carolyn got a pretty blue gel case and screen protector.










 I got an Otterbox Defender which totally encases the  phone in hard plastic and rubber and has a tough belt clip as well.

Friday evening we activated the phones on line.  Saturday we visited Sams Club and the Sprint Store to get protective cases and to transfer our contact databases and calendars.  Today we tried to figure out how to place and answer calls. So far we're impressed.

A couple of changes in our service may impact the way you call or contact us:  We have unlimited data so texting is free on our end.  We have unlimited mobile to mobile calls regardless of the network.  At least with the later models of iPhone we can now easily make actual face to face video calls like we've been promised in science fiction for over 50 years.

2 comments:

  1. We're addicted to ours. I'm not sure if I could ever give up my cell phone now. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my iPhone & my kids love my phone too!

    ReplyDelete