Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas turned upside down!

Carolyn once told me that she only has one party plan and all her parties are just variations on a theme.  I don't think it's quite as simple as that but she does tend to have an opening, food, then breakout sessions, then bringing everybody back together for a finale.  As planned, that was the order of business for today's Ward Christmas party but added to that was a breakfast food menu served in the evening.  The idea was that Christmas is upon  us so fast that we didn't even know which meal we were having.

But the thing that probably turned the evening upside down more than anything was having Santa welcome the kids halfway through the program rather than at the end or even at the beginning.   Many of the parents and most of the kids thought the evening was over at that point and left.  We had a much smaller crowd after Santa was finished.  That was really okay because we had a capacity crowd before Santa.  It took twice as long to serve food as usual and I don't think there was an empty chair in the house. 

If I can find the time, I'll work on some of the pictures I took and share them in tomorrow's blog.

1 comment:

  1. I started cleanup at ours as soon as the jolly old elf was seated on the stage. I wasn't on the cleanup committee, it was just clear that they had a lot on their plate, and the sooner people pitched in the better.

    ReplyDelete