Friday, August 26, 2011

Renaissance summer session ends

Now that the fall semester is almost ready to begin, I guess I should say something about the summer session.  I think I attended more summer classes than I usually do. It helped to have someone to sit with on a regular basis and discus the classes with.  This companion was Beth Bennett, a delightful older lady who has ha the mixed fortune of outliving so many of her friends that she is kept busy trying to make new ones.

Seeing more classes I had a better chance to evaluate and analyze.  It appeared that they strongly encouraged each of the class coordinators for the Fall and Spring Semesters to volunteer for a summer class.  They would either teach one themselves or ask one of their class members to present what he/she presented during the regular session.  Since I had so much fun presenting Judy Small, I was actually hoping our  coordinator would ask me to redo it for Summer.  He chose instead to use the same format I did but present 6 or 7 different singers.

He ran out of time which turned out okay since many of his song picks wouldn't play.

No comments:

Post a Comment