Saturday, February 11, 2006

Round up time


Head 'em up, cut 'em back, rein 'em in. No I'm not talking about cattle here. We're talking about the back yard. We tried to postpone it. We even went out geocaching (with absolutely no success) trying to put it off. But we still ended up at Costco looking at their plants, potting soil, and garden tools. And on the way back home we stopped at Home Depot for more of the same. It was a bright sunny day with temperatures close to 70 and we just couldn't stay away from the yardwork.

While Carolyn trimmed the bushes and pulled out dead weeds, I took the easier task - spraying Round-Up to try to kill some of the more obnoxious grass and other pesky weeds in the flower and vegetable beds. I think I'd prefer a flame thrower so that I could see the results of my work instantly. Instead, I'll have to wait a couple of weeks and spray again where this time wasn't enough. Carolyn, on the other hand will see the results of the pruning immediately. And it's impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment