Friday, February 02, 2007

Piano tune-up

It's that time of year again when our piano gets its "well baby checkup" and annual tuning. It's a little frustrating to me that I can hear when this piano is out of tune more than the previous piano we had. I don't know if the old piano kept its tune better or just sounded like it did. In any case, I can really tell when this one gets its annual tuning.

The tuner Michael Musial told me that since he's moved to Vacaville (from Dixon) he's given up his customers in Rocklin, Roseville, and Citrus Heights. Carmichael is about as far as he travels this direction anymore. I wouldn't be surprised to see him drop Carmichael within the next year or two.

One of the reasons I like him is that he's a real technology geek. (He's the one who led me to Mapopolis for my GPS solution.) At the end of today's tuning (and after I had captured his image for this blog) he stepped back to take a picture of me and our piano with his phone then transmitted the image from the phone to his laptop (using Bluetooth) and inserted the photo into his customer database. He says a picture helps him remember who's calling or who his next appointment is.

No comments:

Post a Comment