Wednesday, January 02, 2008

It's a frame-up

There's a new addition to our family room picture wall. The pictures don't move like in the Harry Potter series but the pictures do change. Right now the picture showing is one of 1,600 old slides that I have scanned. They roughly cover the time period of 1968 to 1990. It's really fun to sit in the room and glance from time to time at the picture to see if we can even recognize the people and the situation of the picture.

The frame can also play music (MP3 style) and videos but we really haven't tried out these two features.

We got the frame as A Christmas present from Edward, Tiffany, Richard, and Natalie. Except that it wasn't this frame but another one from Circuit City. When I opened the original present and tried it out, the menu system was not working. It would start a slide show with the pictures and MP3 music on the memory card but you couldn't change any of the slide show parameters. Since they had bought this locally at Circuit City, I thought they might have the receipt. The receipt had gone south with Natalie.

After waiting a couple of days after calling Natalie I got impatient and took the frame back to Circuit City expecting a product exchange. Circuit City had no problem taking back the returned product but didn't have any frames in stock to give me back. instead they gave me store credit in the form of a gift card. As I said, I was impatient so Carolyn and I went to Costco where we picked up a similar frame made by the same company and had virtually the same configuration.

Thanks for the great addition to our home.

2 comments:

  1. So, did we still give you the frame as I'm assuming that Cosco wouldn't let you use a Circuit City gift card to pay for it? Because at this point you probably bought it yourself and we just got you what ever you end up using the Circuit City gift card for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I purchased some iPod accessories with the Circuit City gift card but I’m still considering the frame the actual Christmas gift. But technically, you could probably take credit for both since I might have gotten neither without your present.

    ReplyDelete