Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"You're invited...

... to the Playboy mansion" the subject line reads on an e-mail I recently received. Now as we all know from getting spam in our inbox all the time, an outrageous subject such as that is not really unusual. However, I'm more likely to get a message inviting me to a retirement seminar or a discussion on reverse mortgages.

[hostesses at last year's event according to the email]

But this is the real thing. I am invited to a party at the Playboy mansion. All I have to do is fork over $850 for a ticket (which is a real bargain as the price will soon be going up to $1,000). The event is the Marijuana Policy Project's Third Annual fundraising event on June 12, 2008. (I can just imagine now my family members reading this blog and trying to figure out whether they're shocked more about the Playboy mansion or the Marijuana Policy Project.)

Fear not, I haven't gone over the deep end, yet. It's just that the selection of charities I contribute to must fit a certain profile. So although I've never smoked marijuana (breathing in or not) I think there's a good case for decriminalizing it and there is no reason whatsoever for outlawing non-smokable hemp. But would I really spend that kind of money to endorse the lifestyle? Not likely. Back to your profiling, guys. You missed on this one.

2 comments:

  1. Getting the email, doesn't shock me at all.

    Decriminalizing marijuana, still no shock.

    Even if you attended I doubt I'd be shocked.

    The money maybe a bit of a shock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, those hostesses are not worth $850

    ReplyDelete