Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sweet stories of the past

As I think I've mentioned on this blog a few weeks ago, Carolyn and I are the party people for our local church ward. Well, to be honest, Carolyn is the party person and I'm the sidekick. Yesterday, we went out looking for Jacks, the little six-pointed metal thingeys that girls (and some guys) used to throw on the ground and pick up while bouncing a ball. Our next party is a 1950's "Sock Hop" and to go along with that we wanted some 50's games like marbles, jacks, hopscotch, etc.

But when we got to the 99 cent store, we discovered candy of the 50's: Pez candy and dispensers, bubble gum, Chiclets, Boston Baked Beans, Junior Mints, Sugar Babies, and whatever up in the picture I've missed. Of course some of these are still favorites but they all were back then.

We'll keep you informed about the party - do come in you're in town February 9 at 7:00 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment