Sunday, March 02, 2008

Another year, another dollar or so

I think this is a record for me. I completed our tax returns for the Federal and State, electronically transmitted them to the appropriate agencies, and received word back that they had been received and deemed complete. Now if I had paid what the program suggested last year, I would be wondering when our refund was coming. But I prefer to be on the paying end instead of giving Uncle Sam a free loan. So there won't be any refunds this year.

As I said, I think this is a record as I usually work on our taxes about this time then let them sit for a couple of weeks and finally send them in around the middle of March. This time I realized that there was really no reason to sit on the returns. Our financial situation is actually simpler than it's ever been, we're not waiting for any more statements or reports, and we're not going to lose that much interest paying now rather than waiting until April 15.

Besides, now we're in line for President Bush's economic incentive.

No comments:

Post a Comment