Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Hot Rod "Q"

Using a rolling walker has become more and more problematic and dangerous to me and people around me.  So three weeks ago we rented a power wheel chair to see if it would make sense to have that in my life.  Three weeks  into the rental period we were convinced it would make a positive difference.

The price difference between a new machine and a slightly used one was high enough that we decided it would make more sense to buy a used machine if we could find one.  We called on a couple of listings in Craig's list and also asked Capital City Home Medical Supplies, the company from which we rented a machine.

This past weekend through a referral from Capital City we connected with a man from Reno whose mother had just passed away leaving an almost brand new power chair.  After some half-hearted negotiating we paid for and took possession of a Quantum 600 SL power chair.


Ed and Tiff came over to admire it as well as help me make some minor adjustments to the arm rests.

Here's Q climbing in the van for his next adventure:





Watch out, world, here I come.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, super snazzy! My boys will be so jealous of grandpa's new wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this mean that you drive the van now? Does Mom mainly drive the red rocket or the golden chariot instead?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I didn't see anyone guiding the Q in. Does it run on remote control? It looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I drive the van now except those times when we're both going. Then Mom drives the van and I'm shotgun. Also, if I know I'm not going to use Q (like at Sam's Club where their scooters with a basket are handier) then we might take the Highlander.

    No remote control. I took the pictures so I just parked the chair at various stages. The automatic parking brake is really a good feature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a good find, safe mobility is such a blessing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Loveridge, how are you doing with your power wheelchair?

    From all of us at Capital City Home Medical Supplies.

    ReplyDelete