Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Summoned for Jury Duty

I got this in the mail the other day.  I think it would be safe to say that almost everyone dreads getting one of these in their mailbox so you might be a little surprised that I was delighted, well maybe not delighted but at least happily looking forward to the experience.

You see, this is the first time when serving on a jury would not be a royal pain - virtually all my service is voluntary and can be easily covered by someone else.  And conversely, this may be the last time when my health will allow me to serve on a jury without really special accommodations such as a bed.  

The unknown, of course, is that nowadays when you get your summons (at least in Sacramento) you are told that you will serve for one day or one trial but you don't know right away which day  you start and if you'll be on a trial or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment