Tuesday, April 11, 2006

How awesome!


Just in case Mormons are feeling, well, left behind in the fundamentalist Christian "left behind" series, Roger McKenzie, former Mormon missionary and part-time instructor at BYU, has an answer. His book "How Awesome Will It Be? A Teenager's Guide to Understanding and Preparing for the Second Coming" will be just the thing, at least for worried teens.

According to the Editorial (publisher's) review on Amazon.com
Roger McKenzie knows firsthand that teenagers are unsure, even terrified about the events surrounding the Second Coming. He has personally talked to hundreds of teenagers about the events of the last days and has heard questions asked such as: "Will my family be okay?" "How can I know I’m ready?" "Have I repented enough?" "What will it be like if I’m still alive when the Savior comes again?" Relying on the scriptures, insight from Church leaders, and the effective way he connects with youth. Roger McKenzie helps fill a gap for teenagers who should know that the faithful need not fear.
If this book doesn't make you wonder what kids are learning in Sunday School, I don't know what will. Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment