Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Waiting for the call…


Is it time yet? No, not quite. There’s still time to read this morning's newspaper. Maybe one more trip to the bathroom so I can settle down comfortably in the recliner and wait. Oops, better make sure I have my glass of soda handy. This nasal congestion and cough can really act up if I don’t have something to drink. Now, let’s see… did I do anything today worth talking about?

What time is it? Oh, she’s probably going to wait until a few minutes after 8:00 to make sure that she’s using her free minutes.

Hmmm, better check the phone. Yup, I can get dial tone. Wonder what the delay is. Oh, there she is. Funny, the caller ID is saying unknown caller, not Carolyn’s Cell Phone.

Hello. Hello. No, I’m not inter… No, I’m …. WOULD YOU PLEASE SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO ME!!! Take…..us…..off….your….calling…list! Damned telemarketers! Only a survey he said. Lovely Indian accent, too.

At least I know the phone is working. Now, what can I say about my day. Wasn’t much to talk about. Board still hasn’t picked a new CEO. I guess it’s only been 3 months. I could talk about lunch. How’s that for an interesting day – lunch!

It’s so late I need to go to the bathroom again. What did people do before cordless phones?

Now I’m getting pissed. I don’t have all evening to sit and wait for her phone call. Wait a minute. Yes, I do. And it’s not like I have to sit here doing nothing while waiting. Cool it, Arnold. She’ll call.

What was I going to talk about? Oh, yeah – lunch. Oh, that must be her. Yup, right on the Caller ID.

Hello. Oh, hi. Fine. Not much. How about you? I hadn't noticed. No, I understand. No problem……
.
.
.

... Love you. Thanks for calling. G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment