Friday, April 07, 2006

Transition


I went to the dentist for my semi-annual teeth cleaning ordeal. The door to the office had a new sign. Two new dentists' names were now listed above the one that I have been visiting for the past five years. I knew, of course, that my dentist (who is also my cousin) has been considering retirement and we had received the nice explanatory letter introducing the new dentists. But I hadn't fully felt the change until seeing that sign on the door.

Of course, for all practical purposes nothing has changed. I rarely see the dentist even when I go to the office. I think I have a brief exam every year but unless I have to replace a filling or work on a crown, I don't see him. The dental hygienist and the office receptionist/billing clerk are the same ones we've worked with for the past five years and they appear to be continuing on. That's good. I need my changes to be gradual.

No comments:

Post a Comment