Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Bumper stickers

I've never been especially fond of decorating my car with bumper stickers. For one thing, they tend to be time sensitive such as the one reading "Redefeat Bush in 2004". After November 2, it would have been totally out of place. And they're usually so hard to remove.

But when my son Lee came up with this bumper sticker, I really liked it. It is timeless because we will always have families and they'll always come in different flavors and configurations. And they'll always need our support. Interestinly, I've had several people comment on the sticker and two ask where they can buy one. I think Lee needs to consider marketing it.

3 comments:

  1. It's a great bumper sticker. Perhaps it would have been perfect if a four legged creature had been added to each figure. Now that is truly a family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is still missing the polygamist families

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point, of course there are so many different types of families each needing its own kind of support it would be hard to do all of them.

    You could call each one a household, since most current polygamists reside in separate households these would still count.

    I guess you also have to ask what families you will support. Someone thought the single father represented NAMBLA. I nearly choked.

    ReplyDelete