Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Car of the week


With Carolyn traveling almost every week, she's had a great opportunity to try out a lot of different cars. This week it is the Chevrolet Malibu 4-door hatchback. It happens to be fully loaded with a great sound system, power locks, cruise control, etc. When you're going to be driving a couple hundred miles to your destination, you want something that has a few creature comforts.

Carolyn has had a chance to take big SUV's and vans as well as the smaller cars. Whenever three or four are traveling together, it just makes sense to get the larger vehicles because of the luggage. She and her colleagues almost always use rental cars rather than drive their own car and claim mileage.

It is actually cheaper for the state as well. Last week I rented a car to drive myself and three others from the regional center to Redding and not only did I feel better about whether we'd have any car troubles, I figure I saved the regional center at least $50 by using a rental car.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
    »

    ReplyDelete