Sunday, May 28, 2006

There's hope after all

I went to the doctor recently for a half-dozen (probably imagined) ailments. As a result the doctor ordered some lab tests which I apparently successfully passed. I was very impressed with Kaiser's new system of emailing patients with a notice that the lab results are available and providing a link to see your lab results on their website.

Just in case the patient is not computer literate, Kaiser also mails out the results. What really made me feel good this time was the inclusion with the results of a lab slip for follow-up tests with the notation "Please continue your medicine and do a repaeat blood test in 1 year. Lab slip attached." This shows me that (1) the doctor thinks I'm healthy enough that I'll be around another year, (2) the doctor thinks my health is stable enough that he really doesn't expect to see me before another year, and (3) the doctor thinks my memory is good enough that I'll actually remember a year from now that I have to do this lab test and I'll be able to find the slip ordering the test.

With confidence like that from my doctor, how can I help but not be positive about the next year!

3 comments:

  1. I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find some information here.

    ReplyDelete