Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Rules of the game

Recently my youngest daughter Natalie asked me what it takes to get a picture of my grandchildren on the Blog. That got me to thinking that I haven’t been completely fair – nor do I ever expect to be. For one thing, a blog is a blog, not a family photo album. And usually the topics I pick for the blog come first. If a particular picture happens to illustrate the particular topic, and if that picture happens to have a grandchild (or two) in it, then I’ll post that picture. Now, of course that explanation simply begs the question “Why don’t you write about your grandchildren more?” And the answer is, I’d love to if they were more involved with my life. I’m sure two of the biggest attractions in Dooce’s blog is her 2-year old daughter Leta and beautiful dog, Former Congressman Chuck. I’m not anxious to have either in my house but it does provide material for a blog.

That being said, I thought I’d go out on a limb and give a few rules for your son or daughter to get their picture on my blog:

1. Be cute around Grandpa (when he has a camera handy)
2. Be adorable around Grandpa (you might have to remind him the child is being adorable)
3. Be clever around Grandpa
4. Be brave around Grandpa
5. Have your parents email pictures to Grandpa and drop big hints that you are cute, adorable, clever, etc.

6. Threaten to spend more time with Grandpa if he doesn’t put your picture on his blog

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to see that blatent hints will get results. Thank you for indulging me.

    ReplyDelete