Saturday, August 19, 2006

Countdown to retirement - 50 days

With each step, the reality gets a little more real. I am really going to retire!

I've already applied for my CalPERS benefits which aren't much since I've only been in the program for 5 years. But they'll be enough to pay our monthly mortgage payments and utilities.

Now, I'm in the process of negotiating salary and schedule and responsibilities for my "post employment" period. My boss is interested in my continuing to work at the regional center doing special studies, research, analysis, and even some project management where my years of expertise might be most useful. And that certainly has some appeal for me. But there's no reason for me to continue to attend management meetings or trainings where I'm not productively working.

This is starting to get exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment