Wednesday, August 16, 2006

National traveler

I remember many years ago admiring the outline maps of the U.S. on the backs or sides of travel trailers and other recreational vehicles. The maps would be partially filled in with colored patches indicating which states the owner of the RV had visited. I liked the idea so much that I even bought one of those maps to put on our cartop carrier. Unfortunately, the carrier was made of such material and finish that the map wouldn't stay stuck. We had to settle for stickers of places we had been - when we could find them to buy.

Now I find there is a website to take the place of that map that wouldn't stick. And here's the updated record of my travels in the 50 states. In my 62 years, I've hit most of them (and with one or two I was asleep traveling through) but there's still a couple missing:

create your own personalized map of the USA
or check out our California travel guide

No comments:

Post a Comment