Monday, November 20, 2006

Books on tape


One of the blessings I have enjoyed in Sacramento was the general lack of long distance commuting with correspondingly little time in the car. But with all the play rehearsals lately, I've had to spend at least an hour doing the round trip to Davis and back. On Carolyn's advice, I have taken up Books on Tape to make the trip a little less painless. It doesn't take many round trips to Davis to get through a 7 or 8 hour book. Unfortunately, one also gets "hooked" on the book so I listen to it during the 5 or 10 minute runs around town, getting little snippets of the story.

Still, it's not like the time I was commuting from Long Beach to Chatsworth which was often 1.5 to 2 hours each direction. I had to be really careful in selecting my books then so that I wouldn't get even more keyed up by the book than the traffic was making me already.

No comments:

Post a Comment