Saturday, November 11, 2006

Consider Yourself part of the family

Opening night was a smash hit - at least as far as many of the cast felt. We celebrated with cake and champagne/sparkling cider at the theater then adjourned to Baker's Square in Davis. Some of us had eaten light so that our stomach could enjoy the pre-show butterflies better. So we were pretty hungry. Others just needed a light snack because it had been several hours since we ate and we were too wired to go to sleep. And mostly we just wanted to share each other's company a little longer.

We had an adult table and a young persons table with the noise level considerably less at the adult table.

At the adult table I learned three new "show business" terms:

newborn - Tonight I became a newborn and henceforth in discussions about the DMTC pre-November 10 was "before I was born" and therefore how could I know anything about it.

virgin - before tonight I was also a virgin, unfamiliar with the ways of the show business and therefore not expected to be able to contribute much. Now, I have experience, something to put on my bio.

blah-blah-blah
- When I auditioned for, and got, the part of Mr. Brownlow I was a blah-blah-blah, an unknown, untried entity. I could have been the best thing to happen to DMTC or a potential disaster in the making. It was a leap of faith for Jan to cast me. Now, I'm no longer a blah-blah-blah for DMTC. If I ever try out for a part again, I'll be "you know, the guy who played Brownlow in 2006".

No comments:

Post a Comment