Friday, November 10, 2006

Opening night

I guess we're as ready as we're going to be. Here I am in my street vendor costume which I play in the first act.

And here I am as Mr. Brownlow, Oliver's grandfather, in the second act.

Other than a couple of embarrassing lapses of memory on my part and my having no apparent ability to ad lib to cover the lapses, I think the rehearsals have gone very well. The show has come together much better than I could ever have imagined from the earlier sessions. But it will owe any success it has to the very professional-like performances of the key actors and the enthusiasm of the rest of the troupe. All that inspired and directed, of course, by the producers and directors Jan and Steve. And I mustn't forget the very great effort put forth by our accompanist. What a difference she has made to the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment