Thursday, December 14, 2006

Another final


The past four years, with only one semester break, I have taken an evening class at American River College. They've ranged from the entertaining and educational to the routine. A couple were so bad that I had to drop them fast, before I got soured on the subject or the idea of taking classes. And a couple I was able to take with Carolyn which made the class even more interesting.

This semester's Macro Economics class was a topic that I think I could find really fascinating but the class left a lot to be desired. There was virtually no class discussion. The teacher was continually missing opportunities to relate the material to current affairs or relevant near-term history. Although it was billed as a "hybrid" on-line class, it really ended up more of a truncated classroom class with the quizzes taken on-line but everything else done in class. And because we had half the in-class time that a regular class had we didn't even get quality lecture time.



But that's all behind me now as we had our final this evening. I don't even want to think about how poorly I did. But at least I know that no amount of additional studying would have helped.

Next semester I expect to be using my Friday's to sample the Renaissance Society at Sacramento State. Expect to here more about that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment