Thursday, December 07, 2006

Service with a smile

A few days ago I wrote about my Toyota Highlander getting it's first oil change. It was a very customary, routine event. I was treated very much like I have been at other dealerships and Jiffy Lube regarding oil changes. Certainly nothing like the service I always received from Ghassim.

Then I took the Highlander in for a "Platinum Seal Coating". This is anything but routine. We bought this package as part of the original purchase probably because we were so worn out and tired (it was late in the evening - most dealerships would have been closed) and having a car whose interior and exterior "repelled dirt" seemed like a good idea.

Well, you don't just take your car in for a Platinum Seal. You must make an appointment, something the service department has been after me for the past four months to do. I chose this day because Carolyn was out of town with a rental so I had other transportation available. I needn't have worried. "Would you like us to drive you home, Mr. Loveridge, or would you rather have a free rental car for the day?" No brainer there. Even when I explained that I'd probably not be able to return in the evening because of a college class, they said, "No problem."

All the paperwork was completed ahead of time making my stay at the dealership short. The next morning when I turned in the 2007 Camry for my Highlander they all but rolled out the red carpet. And the SUV looks brand new! The only problem is that everything is so "treated" that my hands slip off the steering wheel and I slip on the floor mats. But it is beautiful. I could go for this treatment every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment