Friday, June 20, 2008

Start your day with a flat tire...

and the rest of the day has got to be better.

Technically I didn't start the day with a flat tire, I ended yesterday with a flat tire which I pumped up with $0.75 worth of air from a local gas station then drove home. Having lost a negligible (if any) air on the drive home. But I didn't know whether this had been a slow leak over the past couple of weeks or a more serious leak that would give me an overnight flat. It was the latter.

My usual tire shop had been bought by Goodyear and then closed a couple of months later. I ended up having to go to a Goodyear tire store in the Arden Mall. I was worried that I might not get the tire repaired in time to deliver my Meals on Wheels. They were actually done in 30 to 40 minutes. That gave me time to read a little and relax in the sun at the Folsom community center.

My old tire store was in the habit of repairing flat tires at no charge. But this time I was charged
$20 and a promise that the cost of this repair would go against the purchase price of a new set of tires.

1 comment:

  1. Well, that's good. My Saturn had a slow leak for a long time and Staci took it to the Firestone dealer but they said the leaks were too close to the tire wall to repair. I finally got sick of constantly refilling the tire and took it to Ghassem's. Abbey fixed it for me himself while letting me watch. It was two nails close to the wall, but still inside the steel belt. It's held for for three months or more and certainly seems safer than driving with nails in the tire.

    ReplyDelete