Monday, March 02, 2009

Look, Ma, no wires

Except for a time when I used the ergonomically correct Microsoft keyboard (the one which looks like it is about to erupt) I have always been satisfied with a plain vanilla keyboard so I' was not at all expecting the display at Sam's Club to catch my eye. But there was a nice looking, well acting keyboard and optical mouse for $40. And they were both WIRELESS.
I have been having problems with my mouse ever since we installed it on the current desk. The mouse cord is too short so I have to really reach . And it is too long and has to be taped down to keep the cord out of the way. But ther thing that had me giving it a second, third... and tenth look was that Sam's had it for $40.

Now the review. Setting it up was as easy as anything I've ever done. You install the batteries (which come with the keyboard and mouse. Then you plug a 3.5 inch into a spare USB port. That's it. The extra buttons for email & Internet navigation are handy but my favorite is the volume control wheel and mute button. The keys are quiet but sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment