Thursday, March 19, 2009

When Do I Get More Productive ??

Well, we did it! The pictures above and below the text here are pictures of our brand new H-P laptop. As you can tell, the screen and keyboard are HUGE. Of course having the larger screen means I'll be able to enlarge the icons and charactgers and still get the same amount of info on the screen. And the keyboard us as karge as a regular keyboard and even has a keypad like normal keyboards.

But, OH what a problem getting the programs and file structures and peripheral connections up and going. We've threatened Steven with the task of doing all that but I at least wanted to get a start on it so we could be productive if we needed to use it.

Getting used to Vista and Office 2007 is going to be another hurdle that I'm not looking forward to. Another adventure for sure. I guess that is the penalty for trying to keep up with technology.

3 comments:

  1. Couple of suggestions for getting used to Vista / Office 2007.

    Vista: One of the biggest features that I now have a hard time living without, hit the START button, and start typing, lets say you want to launch Excel. Hit Start, Type Excel, either hit enter if it defaulted correctly (most of the time) or click on the list of applications now shown in your start menu. Huge time saver in my opinion.

    Office 2007: Here is a link to a webpage that shows a cheat sheet for Office 2003 -> 2007 usage.

    http://www.customguide.com/pdf/office-quick-reference-2007.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Eric. I will try both of those suggestions.

    ReplyDelete