Friday, March 13, 2009

Yes, it's come to this

I waited about as long as I could before applying for the disabled person's placard issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles. And then the DMV seemed to do everything in their power to make me wait even longer. I had my application signed by my doctor over 5 weeks ago then like a naive person, I dropped it in the mail. What I should have done (I was told my the DMV technician answering my call to check on the application) was to take the application to AAA who could process it immediately and give me the placard right then. Alternatively, I could get a DMV appointment and submit it that way which is also immediate. But mailing in gets lasat priority now that the DMV has a limited staff.

I don't know what Kaiser's excuse is. As a backup I took another application in to the medical secretaries. The paper needs to travel approximately 600 feet round trip without leaving the builiding. But I"m told that it may take 10 -14 days. It's been 4 days so far.

It seems so strange now looking for parking spaces. The placard opens up whole new sections of parking lots. I will probably cut my walking distance at the University by half.

1 comment:

  1. I can see where that would make parking much easier!

    ReplyDelete