Thursday, May 07, 2009

Jasper's Giant Hamburgers

Jasper's Giant Hamburgers was not a name I was familiar with after living in Southern California for over 30 years but it isn't unusual to see franchises that never make it past a certain local area. They might be tremendously successful in that locale but either through additional competition or through intentional growth restrictions in their business plans, the franchise remains local.

But Jasper's has something which I think IS unusual. The franchise is so loose that about the only thing in common between Jasper's cafes is the name. Oh, the basics of the menu are the same but particulars are not; prices are similar but not identical for identical items, and the quality of service varies all over the board.

Since we've lived in Sacramento, two Jasper's have closed - one which was no loss at all since we would never have revisited it and one which had become a favorite luncheon spot for my co-workers and I.

The good news: I have found the Jasper's in Rancho Cordova (at the corner of Coloma and Trinity River) to have an outstanding menu and service and they're almost directly between me and my Meals on Wheels route.

Has anyone else had an experience where franchises didn't seem to guarantee uniformity of anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment