Friday, May 22, 2009

A rolling walker - a rollator

While I can get around with a cane almost everywhere I go, I can still avoid using one around the home if I'm really careful and am willing to slam into a wall or doorway every once in a while.

The next stage will probably consist of a walker/cane combination and I don't think that is far away. I have used a rolling walker twice now at my volunteer job at the library. I am convinced that I need something like that. I have already asked my doctor for a "rolling walker with four wheels and brakes'. I haven't heard back from Kaiser or their Medical Equipment Company yet either.
The next stage will probably consist of a walker/cane combination and I don't think that is far away. I have used a rolling walker twice now at my volunteer job at the library. I am convinced that I need something like that. I have already asked my doctor for a "rolling walker with four wheels and brakes'. I haven't heard back from Kaiser or their Medical Equipment Company yet either.
Big Lots! had a clearance sale on one of their high end models. I took Bobby's model over there to compare and decided that although this one was 50 dollars cheaper, it was NOT $50 less value. I could almost buy 2 of the Big Lots! Rollators for the price of one at Sams Club. Yes, I bought it- so I am ready for whichever way the Kaiser reviewers go.

5 comments:

  1. Looks very functional, and the color is nice, too. Might need some custom "flame" decals, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decals, They make flame decals? Why didn't you tell me that when my boy wanted flames on his bike (newly painted black from purple) and all I could pull off were red stripes. (Decals.)

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look both for the weight capacity and the overall product weight. Be sure you are comfortably under the weight capacity of any mobility product to ensure it will support you correctly. The overall product weight is important if you must lift it into a car trunk or up stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this walker for my mother-in-law after a mild stroke. The product shipped quickly and there was no assembly necessary. My mother-in-law has had no problems with the walker and we often sit on it while visiting her at therapy. The seat is comfortable, especially with the strap back. The walker folds easily and the brakes seem to hold well. To date we are very satisfied with this product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're a senior live with limited mobility and have a minimalist, basic walker you might miss out on the advantages of a rollator. A rollator orrolling walker, can offer seniors more natural movement.

    ReplyDelete