Monday, April 26, 2010

Cookie experiments

Once again I tried to bake "out of the box" with results that remind me why I really should follow the recipe in the book.  You see, we had some Dove dark chocolate candies lying around the house being much to big a temptation for me.  I figured that if I found a way to include them in cookies, I would be able to get other people to help me make them disappear.

Once of my ideas was to cut the Dove chocolate into 4 pieces and sandwich it between two sugar cookies.  The chocolate would melt and you'd have a sort of "reverse Oreo" cookie.  Result:  Doves don't melt.  The cookies are so hard they HAVE to be dunked in milk or coffee or other dunkin' drink of your choice.  When you get to the center of the cookie, there is a little chocolate reward for you.  Yayyyyyyy!

The other idea was to put say a teaspoon of Nutella inside the sugar cookie sandwich.  Result: Nutella doesn't melt much. The cookies are still hard and the Nutella is still in a lump.

My recollection is that sugar cookies take up moisture overnight so they're softer and easier to eat the 2nd or 3rd day after baking.  We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. i like to use recipes as a guide and then I embellish. never make two things exactly the same. that is good and bad at times:)

    ReplyDelete