Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What's in a name?

I believe this question has been asked since man (or woman) started naming things but it's as applicable today as it ever has been.  I was reminded of that when I received an invitation a few days ago to attend a "boot camp" for volunteers who wanted to be actively involved in neighborhood canvasing for the general election this fall and possibly the primary this summer.

Now for many of us that have attended an army boot camp those two words have a distinctly negative connotation.  If I never attend another boot camp it will be too soon.  Others must have felt the way I did and gave that feedback to the camp organizers because I just received another invitation - this time to the "Sacramento Camp".  Made a whole lot of difference in my perception of the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment