Saturday, January 21, 2006

Happy Birthday, Timothy - part 2



Today was Tim's friend's birthday party and a wonderful affair it was. Mr. Weatherman was kind. His predicted partly cloudy did, in fact, come about and the kids were able to play outside during parts of the party preventing meltdown and much frustration. As usual Tiffany and Ed, Tim's mom and dad, had prepared well so there was something for the kids to do the whole time and with most of the kids' moms or grandmoms staying, there was plenty of supervision. I certainly enjoyed watching the kids play and interact with each other.



While Ed made balloon animals and hats, Tiffany set a table with individual cupcakes and little cups with chocolate frosting, sprinkles, mini-marshmallows, and chocolate chips for each child to decorate their own cupcake. When everyone was finished, a cancle was added to each cake, the candles were lit, and everyone sang Happy Birthday to Tim. Other activities included "Pin the tail on Tumnus" (the faun from "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" since Narnia was the birthday theme).


There was a kind of pinata I hadn't seen before with strings for each kid to pull with one of the strings rigged to release all the candy. Sounds like a much safer setup than having a blindfolded kid swinging a bat in the middle of a bunch of kids.

And finally, each child got to hand Tim his present, help him unwrap it, and then pose with Tim for a keepsake photo (to come later). Each child was sent home with a bag of goodies, candy from the pinata, and a baggie of home-made play-dough courtesy of Grandma Loveridge. I think I could safely say a good time was had by all.

4 comments:

  1. WELL OF COURSE IT'S SAFER!!! But where is the fun in pulling a little string? (I really should have been a wrecking ball operator.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure its just bad timing, judging by Tim's expression in other pictures, but I find it very amusing that in that last picture, everyone but Tim is smiling.
    "Its my party and I can cry if I want to."

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it wasn't just timing. Being the center of attention isn't easy and he had his ups and downs. Fortunately, there were more ups than downs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. Timothy Sykes

    ReplyDelete