Thursday, January 26, 2006

Sheer boredom

That's the way I describe working out at the gym. Oh, I try to mitigate the boredom slightly by reading a book if I'm using the stair stepper or the treadmill but there's not much to do while using the weight machines. I've tried listening to tapes or CDs but I dislike the earpieces or headphones more than the boredom.

But I'm finding that if I don't go to the gym at least twice a week, I feel like I'm missing something. I was going to say I feel guilty but that's not really it. I hope that's a sign that exercies is beginning to be a habit for me. I certainly don't enjoy doing it.

2 comments:

  1. I am trying my hardest not to react to your latest "sheer boredom"....but of course that is impossible! On my way to arthritis water therapy, I pass a large room with a glass wall and many treadmills etc. What I see are people moving with grace, speed and without a grimace or look of pain. They are a pleasure to watch. Sometimes, I can remember how it used to feel to walk smoothly without lurching to the side, every muscle in my body trying to stretch out the pain and bone on bone movement in my knee.
    So I guess what I am saying to you my friend, next time on the treadmill instead of boredom of repetition, think about the beauty of mobility and movement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thoughts. I needed that.

    ReplyDelete