Saturday, July 07, 2007

Happy Birthday, ME!

Yes, I had another birthday and I was treated rather royally by my family and colleagues at work. At work I was treated to lunch at the Macaroni Grill because it is my favorite place for grilled salmon on spinach orzo pasta. But this time I was treated to a piece of birthday cake large enough to share with the well wishers.

Macaroni Grill also provides an operatic singer for delivering the greetings in Italian and in tune. Much more appreciated than the usual crowd of waitpersons who gather around, clap their hands, and make more noise than music.

On the family side, I got telephone calls from most of my kids. We didn't make it easy for them as Carolyn along with Ed and family took me out to the Buggy Whip where I could use the Buggy Whip's birthday coupon for a free meal. Then we dropped by Emigh's so that Edward could use another birthday coupon I received in the mail to buy me miter box and saw so that we could finish installing the baseboard on our kitchen tiling project.

All in all, a good, happy birthday. Thanks, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment