Monday, July 09, 2007

Snacks

Take a good look at the items pictured above and guess which pile has the most calories:
2 cups lightly buttered popcorn
20 pretzel sticks
10 1/2 peanuts
1 Dove dark chocolate piece

As you probably guessed, each has the same number of calories, namely 42. This is, of course the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything as detailed in the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". But I digress.

I was munching on my second most favorite snack (pretzel sticks) the other day and noticed that the nutritional information listed exactly 48 sticks as a serving size. I began to wonder if I had had more than one serving at this point. Then I started wondering how this compared to my first and third most favorite snack (popcorn and peanuts) and my most favorite treat (not to be confused with a snack) Dove dark chocolate pieces.

Before long I had put together this photo montage so that I could visualize the whole idea. As I suspected, popcorn allows me to eat the most for the least cost to my waistline. And chocolate can only be considered a treat, not a snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment