Friday, July 06, 2007

Woes of a blogger

The feedback I get from people who learn that I maintain a blog, especially those who know what a blog is or have actually read mine, is interesting and as varied as the people are. Most of the feedback is mild curiosity: "And what do you do this for?" or "Don't you have a real life?"

Another common reaction is horror that I would dare to expose so much of my life to others. But don't we all routinely describe in great detail the minutia of our lives to friends, neighbors, and often complete strangers?

But I was really surprised the other day when we invited a couple to go to dinner with us and attend a play afterward. The man was enthusiastic because he was aware we had a lot of interests in common. He had read my blog. She had also either read my blog or at least had heard about it and was insistent she wasn't going to be "put on that blog of Arnold's". I'm usually pretty good about getting people's permission but maybe I'll have to start getting something in writing.

What do you think about my blog?

2 comments:

  1. I noticed you did not mention anything of importance like whose birthday it is today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And why should I comment about today being George W. Bush's birthday. I'm sure there are enough people celebrating that already.

    ReplyDelete