Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Phone message

This is the phone message we heard on our answering machine recently:
Hi.
Hi Grandma and Grandpa.
It's Nathan.
I wanted to say Hi.
Talk to you later.
I love you.
Bye.

Well, actually that was only half the phone message. The other half were prompts of the same phrases done in a stage whisper close enough that I could make out what the phrase was supposed to be before Nathan repeated it. Do these prompts in the background make any difference? The prompts by my daughter Natalie did make the whole conversation sound like a talk or prayer in Primary. On the other hand, I can take it to be two messages - one from Nathan and another from Natalie. We're lucky grandparents to get two for one!

Thanks for the phone call, Natalie and Nathan!

1 comment:

  1. In my defense, Nathan was the one that wanted to call you and asked me to help him. He had wanted to talk to Grandma and Grandpa but since you weren't there, he had to settle for your answering machine. The stage fright was becuase he isn't used to talking to something that dosen't respond and he wasn't quite sure what to do. Although if you guys had been there to talk back, I probably would have had to prompt him anyway.

    ReplyDelete