Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Patriotic toe (red, white, & blue)

It wasn't quite the truth when I reported that the family camp/reunion went off without any injuries. I managed to pack some folding chairs too close to the rear door of our car so that when I opened the door, a couple of the chairs fell out onto the ground - and my toe. I knew that was going to happen but thought I could move out of the way fast enough. Nope. I'm not as fast on my feet as I used to be.

I managed to hobble around the rest of the day and probably no one noticed because that's just the way I walk around nowadays. But when we got back to our motel and I took off my shoes I could see that I had done a bit of "redecorating" on my toe. Now, four days later, there are only a couple of small bruises, just enough red, white, and blue to celebrate the Fourth of July. I'm grateful that the circulation to my feet appears to be as good as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment