Sunday, November 04, 2007

Activities, and more activities

There is a problem with getting a reputation for doing lots of fun things. Carolyn's involvement with Sacramento Adventures (the community oriented-arm of our Relief Society Enrichment activities) as well as our showing up for almost any party we can remotely qualify for has given enough people the idea that we're party people that the bishop called us in and asked us to head up the ward Activities Committee. I suggested that Carolyn head it up and I'd try to help as much as my party pooping attitude would allow. He didn't listen to that suggestion.

Seriously, I don't think I'm really a party pooper but I have the hardest time getting excited enough about even going to a party to be the motivating force behind either the planning or execution of a party. I'll play a major role in a skit or play, dress up in funny costumes, or work all evening in the kitchen but I can't do the rah rah rah or recruit extra bodies to work or attend.

Bishop Smith has given us a pretty broad charge for 9 or 10 activities in a year. That means we'll have to get right into it. Fortunately, Karen, the previous chair has agreed to a transition period and she and Carolyn have worked together well.

No comments:

Post a Comment