Friday, November 16, 2007

Keeping a sense of humor

My son Edward was explaining to me the new DVD rental service available at Save-Mart and Wal-Mart stores in our area called redbox. Now I don't know enough about the service to do a proper blog but then it's too late to do that anyway. What I did want to comment on was the sense of humor displayed by this new service. Based on that alone, I predict it will be successful.

Please note the login screen presented to me when I tried to rent a movie from my home computer (click on it to see a larger version if this one is too small). Not only am I instructed to "Log in here, lucky redbox account holders." but whilst doing so I should "Lean over the keyboard whilst entering your password to foil spies." The "whilst" gives it away as pure British as does the "spies". If it were American, it might say "while" and "Homeland Security" but probably wouldn't have any humor at all.

1 comment:

  1. For those who haven't tried RedBox, the DVDs rent for $1 per night and if you go to www.insideredbox.com you will find codes that give you the DVDs for free. Still have to use a credit card but if you use more than one credit card, you can use the code for each credit card.
    You know I'm cheap
    Bernell

    ReplyDelete