Thursday, April 30, 2009

Coconut cookies

No, I think I'll call these Coconut Morsels. This is another in a series of cookies based on cake mixes. It's so much easier gathering the ingredients and stirring up some after-meal treats when half the work is done for you.

This time i used a Pillsbury White cake mix which calls for the whites of 3 eggs. I added three whole instead. Th4n I added a cup of sweetened, shredded coconut and 1/2 Tablespoon imitation Coconut flavoring. That didn't soak up the extra liquid so I added a 1/2 cup of flour.
Now scoop the batter onto the cookie sheet with a 1" scoop and bake for 10 to 13 minutes at 3c5 degrees. For appearance sake don't let the bottom brown but it won't hurt the flavor.

These cookies are delicious right out of the oven but we found them even better as they aged for a couple of days in the cookie jar. Carolyn also thinks they would be wonderful with some sliced almonds.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea!! You know I'm always looking for cookie ideas! ;-)

    ReplyDelete