Friday, April 17, 2009

Meals on Wheels Assistant

It may look like a 99 cent reusable grocery bag (and it is) but to me it has become a necessary and reliable assistant. The bottom is exactly the right size for one hot meal and one cold accessory pack and no matter how hot the hot meal is, I can still carry both items with one hand leaving the other for my cane or a handrail. In fact not having a hand for the handrail was the final straw for me.

I just wish I had thought to use it long before it became necessary. I don't have any couples right now but I have had as many as three couples on my route. Trying to carry four food packs sometimes got to be a real balancing trick. But with the bag it would have been a snap. I think Meals on Wheels should have some printed up and distributed to the drivers as required equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment