Monday, April 20, 2009

One hit, one out

I looked out the window to catch the last of 2 objects flying past the window. The one taking the horizontal flight path was going so fast that I barely picked up something dark and tiny, like a miniature bat or a hummingbird. It was even more difficult to identify the second unidentified th window or something like that.
I opened the door to see this picture. It looked like the remains of our bird feeder.

Looking up I saw the hook from which we hand the feeder hook, the piece of metal that keeps the whole feeder in the air The anchor was still in the wood and the hook still hanging from it. So why the breakage?
I took a picture of the plastic piece that the hook goes that the hook goes through. Voila' Apparently it had held up over the years but today's bird (whichever it was) was just too much. I shouldn't complain, though, it's lasted well over 10 ears. Sounds like a Father's Day present to me

2 comments:

  1. Is that the hummingbird nectar feeder or the regular bird grain feeder?

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the hummingbird nectar feeder.

    ReplyDelete